Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Impossible

Every movie moves everyone differently but this film should be sure to move all. After moving into my first solo apartment I snuggled into bed with my mom (hold on, she helped me move lol) and we watched this movie on my laptop. It didn't take a movie screen, Blu-ray, or huge LCD screen to display the incredible scenes in this film...it did that all on its own. This film is based in Thailand during and after the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004. News coverage and articles can't evoke enough how terrible this event was but I feel that The Impossible does a great job of putting us there through film. Watching families being torn apart some to never find each other again and some through the great journey finding each other is remarkable. Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor are remarkable in this film but young actor Tom Holland was beyond words. The strength he demonstrates as he takes care of his mother and tries to locate his family, I've never seen a more outstanding role for a child as this. I was literally moved by this film and surely I won't be the only one. RENT THIS, RENT THIS, RENT THIS!!!! I'd like to hear from others that have seen this film. Post below.


My overall rating: 89/100

No comments:

Post a Comment