Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor

Oh me oh my where to begin, I could not wait for this movie to come out...  squired in my seat watching the trailer for the film at the theater but sadly had to wait for the movie to come out on DVD...but I realized later that it wasn't a bad thing at all. The horror of wasting ten dollars to see this in the movie theater would have ate me up! Let me start by saying the performances were outstanding. I love Robbie Jones, he's so charming but yet you can love him and hate him at the same time. You will fall in love with Robbie's character Harley (hot shot that seems to be looking for love) just as much as Jurnee Smollett-Bell who plays Judith does. This movie had so much potential and the first hour draws you in and holds you steady in an affair that almost seems justifiable to the way Judith has been ignored in her own marriage. But the movie takes a deep plunge down to you know where when Judith chooses a life of drugs, sex, and luxury over a lasting love. This movie like I said had the greatest potential but the last fifteen minutes really ruined it for me. It was if they lost funding to complete the production of the film because its another all to common mishap where the movie just ends. You don't know what happen to certain characters and it leaves you feeling unsettled. If you are craving Tyler Perry then just stick to Diary of a Mad Black Woman!

My overall rating:     52/100

No comments:

Post a Comment